I have been spending this week talking about things I’m thankful for. So far I have given you 66 of them. The first group were mostly pretty general things in my day-to-day life I appreciate but certainly should appreciate more. The second group mostly focused on experiences I have had and things I have done that I am grateful for. For this final section, I want to focus on things I am thankful for in a large-scale sense. These are things that are true about the universe that I am thankful for.
67. God exists.
68. God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.
69. God is not out of touch like a giant watchmaker.
70. God created a beautiful universe we can witness all around us.
71. God gave us the ability to make meaningful choices. We are not robots.
72. God is love.
73. God will never leave us or forsake us.
74. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
75. Jesus Christ lived a perfect life to be the perfect sacrifice for my sin and yours.
76. He died on the cross when He certainly was under no obligation to do so.
77. He rose again and triumphed over the grave. Death had no power over Him.
78. Because of His triumph, we can be forgiven by putting our faith in Him.
79. Only because of that forgiveness and the bridging of the gap do we have the opportunity to spend eternity with God.
80. That eternal home will have no more pain and suffering.
81. That eternal home will be in the presence of God.
82. We live in a world where truth can be known.
83. God bothered to share truth with us both through general revelation of the world around us and special revelation in Scripture.
84. Through the Scripture, we have the stories of those who have gone before to provide both encouragement and also warnings about problems to avoid.
85. We have been given the gifts of logic and reason to come to conclusions about what is true.
86. We live in a world designed for our flourishing. Even though it is marred by our sin, it is still highly conducive to human thriving.
87. Out of all of the multitudes of planets in the universe, we find ourselves on the one that is perfectly balanced for life to exist. Life itself is miraculous.
88. God’s story fits with our human experience. It explains origin, meaning, morality and destiny to steal from Ravi Zacharias.
89. Time and time again, the historical claims of Christianity are found to be consistent with the archaeological evidence that is continually uncovered.
90. We serve a God who does not force us to sacrifice our intellect in order to serve Him.
91. The Holy Spirit will convict us of sin and push us towards that which is right.
92. God uniquely gifted each one of us to be positioned in the body of Christ in the right capacity.
93. We can have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
94. We can walk the Christian path to continually know God better.
95. We will never come to the end of the knowledge of God.
96. We will never come to the end of God’s goodness.
97. We will never come to the end of God’s mercy.
98. We will never come to the end of God’s forgiveness.
99. We will never come to the end of God’s power.
100. We will never come to the end of God’s love.